#102, 8704 - 51 Ave NWEdmonton, AB, T6E 5E8. MAP
Pedestrian accidents are those that occur due to a collision between a motor vehicle or bicycle and a person on foot. The injuries for the person not in the vehicle can range from mild to severe, and even fatal.
Pedestrian accidents are those that occur due to a collision between a motor vehicle or bicycle and a person on foot. The injuries for the person not in the vehicle can range from mild to severe, and even fatal. The car driver has the legal advantage here because of the safety measures installed in the vehicle.
A pedestrian can be jogging, walking, or running, but getting hit by a vehicle leaves no room for balancing or saving oneself from the physical damage and injuries. Most pedestrian accidents occur when a person tries to cross a highway or a busy road.
There are a few reasons behind such accidents, speeding, distracted driving, completely invisible clothing in the winter or late at night, confusion on the turns; driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol; and more. A distracted or careless mindset of a pedestrian, such as pedestrians ignoring traffic signals or walking on a no pedestrian lane, can also be a reason for a pedestrian accident.
You can make a legal claim for the harm you sustained from an accident, and you can receive compensation for your injuries and suffering. Still, the offending party and their insurance advisors can be very dominating and persuasive.
Hence, in facing this situation seeking professional legal help can be beneficial and time-saving for you, and personal injury lawyers specializing in various types of accidents fulfill this role Many attorneys offer these types of services all across Canada, including in Edmonton, Alberta.
TMS Law Office practices in Edmonton and offers accident injury claims and insurance liaising services to all Albertans.
An accident can be a devastating experience, attaching with it a lot of potential negative consequences, such as painful injuries.
An accident can be a devastating experience, attaching with it a lot of potential negative consequences, such as painful injuries. It can drain you emotionally and financially.
Hiring an experienced, capable, and qualified attorney or accident lawyer can help you negotiate better financial compensation. Accredited legal firms like TMS Law office and an experienced injury lawyer, such as Man Shek in Edmonton, can resolve your queries, settle your confusion, and offer you peace of mind. It all starts with making a call or typing an email to get a free consultation.
You may be too injured and in a lot of pain: Due to your injuries, your energy is likely focused is on your pain and recovery, which can lead you to let your legal matters take a back seat.
1) You may be too injured and in a lot of pain: Due to your injuries, your energy is likely focused is on your pain and recovery, which can lead you to let your legal matters take a back seat. However, a delay in putting forth your claim(s) may weaken your ability to make one; moreover, with a lack of legal expertise, you might fail to prove your case and lose your claim(s).
Man Shek, a brilliant professional personal injury lawyer in Edmonton who specializes in accident law, can file your claim, negotiate, and settle your compensation before your case gets to trial or court. Having an exceptional personal injury lawyer by your side saves you from the burden of managing any legal matters associated with your accident.
2) Help determine fault: You might get fined if you were at fault and neglected traffic rules, but you might get compensated when you are a victim. However, to prove your innocence, you would require ample evidence. As a personal injury law firm that frequently tackles legal cases related to pedestrian accidents, we are experienced and extremely capable of legally assisting victims of pedestrian accidents and managing its accompanying evidence.
So, while understanding accident law might be incredibly difficult for you, it’s a routine task for us. Hiring legal help get lawyers to collect all the required pieces of evidence of the accident and get you compensated accordingly.
3) Mediator for Insurance Companies: Insurance companies are known to try to provide a little compensation as possible and use very persuasive techniques to do so. If you do not have expert advice while dealing with your and other party’s insurance provider, you might not get a fair deal. Personal injury lawyers experienced in accident law have complete knowledge about the subject and are very good at negotiating. This skill can save you a fortune and ensures that you get the fair accident claim amount that you deserve.
4) Legal advice for next move: In the rare circumstance your accident case goes to trial, you will need a personal injury lawyer: to prepare your case, to counsel you, and to represent you at the trial.
5) Determine damages: We, the general public, cannot see and comprehend what a personal injury lawyer usually will imagine as damage to you in the case that you are a victim in a pedestrian accident. An accident lawyer will connect your past, your accident, and the multiple effects it has on your future so that you can get the fair accident and injury, or injuries, compensation.
Call 911 to get Medical Assistance
List and Document the injuries
Complete a Police report…
Complete a Police report
Contact your insurance company
Seek professional accident injury lawyer help
Stay as calm as you can
A person on foot hit by a vehicle gets significantly more hurt than the driver. These accidents, and their incurring injuries, can lead to emotional trauma or shock and financial difficulties due to the medical costs, accidents can also hinder, either temporarily or permanently, people’s ability to work, and may affect people’s lifestyle and overall life.
When you have the help of a professional personal injury lawyer, your legal rights and claims are better managed. Hiring a professional personal injury lawyer in the circumstance of an accident saves you a lot of time and stress, and significantly enhances your chances of securing a fair settlement.
If you, or someone you love, are the victim of an accident, and were pedestrian when you were hit, it can be a life-altering incident.
If you, or someone you love, are the victim of an accident, and were pedestrian when you were hit, it can be a life-altering incident. Such times require objective and professional guidance. Hiring an attorney can provide that for you.
Hiring a personal injury lawyer to manage all the legalities around the accident gives you more time to recover from the accident. It gives you the time to need to focus on your healing from the pain, the trauma, and the suffering you experience, because of the accident. Also, it speeds up the negotiation and claim settlement process. Not to mention that final settlement amounts are in general 300% more in the cases where people seek an expert accident lawyer’s help compared to the cases where people don’t.
Medical investigation and filing a claim for a pedestrian accident injury and suffering is a very crucial step. However, this is also a mind-boggling process due to the legal procedures, pieces of evidence, and actions required. Handling the legal process and the injuries cannot be done alone. The people at TMS Law Office can help you in gathering all the bills, evidence, information, and in preparing your case and getting your claims settled with the insurance company.
‘Prevention is better than cure,’ but a few things come unannounced and alter everything, and accidents can be this type of event.
‘Prevention is better than cure,’ but a few things come unannounced and alter everything, and accidents can be this type of event. Dealing with an accident is hard and needing to handle its financial and legal aspects makes it even harder. Lawyers cannot reverse the effects that injuries have on the body, but they can ensure that you receive fair compensation for the pain and suffering you have endured as a result.
We practice personal injury law in Edmonton and look forward to helping you in the unfortunate event you are hurt and involved in a motor vehicle accident.
Accident injury law is our specialty, and if you are a pedestrian who was hit by a motor vehicle, we can help you to get the fair injury compensation. We are an experienced Edmonton law firm specializing in personal injury law concentrating on laws that look at injuries resulting from accidents and can help you make up for the financial losses.
Following traffic signals and using the crosswalks is a proper measure, and if you are struck by a motor vehicle while using a crosswalk, hiring an accident attorney is a good strategy too!
Hiring a personal injury lawyer safeguards your legal rights and benefits. You wouldn’t want to lose anything and, in so doing, add to your existing suffering.
Give us, at the TMS Law Office, a call at 780-246-6188 if you are hurt in an accident. We work on “NO WIN NO FEE” basis and will help you to settle your claim faster.
Some Alberta Traffic Stats